Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Takeover of Trump – Timeline



I have decided it will be valuable to capture a timeline on the takeover of Trump.  This came to me as a result of Trump’s decision to strike Syria with about five dozen cruise missiles.  Whether you believe there has been a takeover, whether you believe he hasn’t been taken over but is playing three dimensional chess, or whether you believe we are seeing Trump for what he has always been – a politician who would say anything to win office – it seems to me that capturing this timeline is going to be of value.

This list provides daily headlines about Trump. I am trying to remain focused on the following themes:

·        Where Trump pushes against the establishment
·        Where the establishment pushes back at Trump
·        Where one side or the other has a victory

You will see below a real work in progress.  I am not satisfied with it as most of the sources are mainstream sources – the result of taking from page 1 of Google search results.  The searches were on one word: Trump.  I want to do further searches, using Trump AND each of the following: Russia, Putin, spygate, recount, Electoral College, Flynn, Mattis, McCain, Schumer, Graham, Bannon.

I will ask: if you believe I have / am neglecting any major theme or story, let me know and send a link.  I will add it to the list and follow the thread as necessary.

Also, I have started the list with the day of his election.  I do intend to go earlier, as so many of the events and statements during the campaign must be captured.

Keep in mind: I provide the list without having read every linked article or essay.  Further, the list, already very long yet with so much to add, is not intended to provide a full narrative or tell a story.  It is intended to be a reference, a starting point.

You will find the first draft of the timeline here.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, I think you intended this comment on the post about United. If you post it there and would like me to remove it here, let me know.

      Delete
  2. Trump has done a 180 on Syria, taxes, Russia, China, Ex-Im Bank, refugees and NATO in 7 days. We have also seen the congressional Republicans allocate no money for the wall, with nary a peep from Trump. I've never seen cucking like this in my life.

    ReplyDelete