I have a confession to make. There are many topics related to libertarian theory, application of theory, and state aggressions that I have written little, if anything, about. It seems to be a grave shortcoming on my part.
Let’s run through a list; consider these as potential titles for these non-existent posts:
· Drug Laws: This One Should be Easy
· The Age of Majority: Drinking Alcohol
· Is Second-Hand Cigarette Smoke a Violation of the Non-Aggression Principle?
· Filing for a Tax refund? Is This Theft?
· Can a Deed Restriction Exist in a Libertarian World?
· Is Torture Ever Justified?
· To Spank or Not to Spank; That is the Question
· If Ayn Rand is Wrong, Do I Want to be Right?
· Privatized roads: a Path to Extortion?
· Minimum Wage: a Living Wage or a Dying Wage?
· “Anything Peaceful.” Is That Really all the NAP has to Offer?
· Without Free Will, is Man Truly Free?
· How Far Below the Surface and in the Sky Do my Property Rights Extend?
· Is Homesteading the Only Legitimate way to Claim Property?
· Corporations and the NAP? Discuss
· The Benefits of Free Trade: DUH.
· Getting Groped by State Actors, Pros and Cons
· Environmental Regulation: a Detailed Examination
· If I Blast My Outdoor Stereo Really Loud only for REALLY GOOD MUSIC, is it an NAP Violation?
· All I Need to Know About the NAP: “Get Off My Lawn!”
· Does the NAP Extend to Non-human Mammals?
· “Papers, Please.”
· My Neighbor has a Smoker. Can I Hate Him for an NAP Violation, or only Because He Never Invites Me Over to his Parties?
· Can one Hate the State and Still Walk on Sidewalks?
· School Choice? I Thought Everything with the Word “Choice” was Libertarian!
· “Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal” – the Slogan of Every American Politician since…well, Forever.
· If I Prevent Someone from Committing Suicide, Am I Now Obligated to Care for Him for the Rest of His Life?
· What is the Proper Way for a Libertarian to Punish His Child?
· 24601 (aka Jean Valjean) Stole a Little Bread for his dying Nephew; Was Nineteen Years in Prison Enough? A Libertarian Speaks Out
· He Said Mean Things to Me; Can I Put Him in the Libertopia Hoosegow?
· A Private Market for Organs: Is this Off-Key?
Well, that’s enough for now. I am sure even this list is only scratching the surface.
You see, it isn’t that I don’t have a view on many of these things. In some cases, I find these topics rather trivial – how-many-libertarian-angels-can-dance-on-the-head-of-a-mosquito kind of thing. In other cases, there are people far more qualified than I am to write on these; the topic is already fully covered.
Mostly, the reason I don’t write about such things is because I choose to write only about things that interest me – I am not writing for an audience although I am tremendously and truly grateful that others find value in my work. Some may view my choices as not very important, or might view that I ignore the truly important. You are free to hold that view; I am free to ignore you. Because I really don’t care what you think about my choice of topics.
Anyway, I hope this addresses the issue.