Saturday, April 16, 2016

I Wish I Wrote That



Chapter 5,247,690

Justin Raimondo has written several paragraphs about why he supports Donald Trump.  It is the single-best explanation of this I have ever read – this intersection of libertarians and The Donald.

As his site is dedicated to non-intervention, I could not in any case have written it exactly the same way.  But I couldn’t have written it anyway.

The post can be found here; although all of the post is worth reading – as Raimondo demonstrates once again the intent behind Kochtopus – the relevant portion begins about two-thirds of the way down, with the following paragraph:

I have never endorsed Trump – we here at Antiwar.com never endorse candidates – and I don’t plan on voting for him in the primary. As I’ve explained many times, I am rooting for him, which is quite different from giving his candidacy political support. I’m much less interested in him as a candidate than I am in his supporters, many of whom are sympathetic to the anti-interventionist views Antiwar.com is dedicated to advancing.

3 comments:

  1. Great shout-out for Justin. Also the rest of the gang at anti-War.com.
    In the great tradition of Murray Rothbard - rooting, not supporting.
    We libertarians have to take it to the streets and out of our ivory towers.
    A great example is the Tenth Amendment Center (yea, Mike Boldin). One step at a time.
    To me, the crucial point Justin was making: He (Trump) raises the RIGHT QUESTIONS, his solutions are not so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in his supporters, many of whom are sympathetic to the anti-interventionist views Antiwar.com is dedicated to advancing."

    I support Donald Trump and I am a longtime reader of Justin Raimondo and antiwar.com. I am completely against the American Empire.

    America First. Trump 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right BM, that particular paragraph is succinct and well thought out.

    ReplyDelete