Saturday, May 2, 2020

Faceless


“How does it feel to be a number?” asked the man behind the counter and glass.
“Better than having no face,” I replied.


A Nightmare to Remember, Dream Theater

Lying on the table
In this unfamiliar place
I'm greeted by a stranger
A man without a face

He said, "Son, do you remember?
Do you even know your name?"
Then he shined a light into my eyes
And said, "take this for the pain."

"Tell me does this hurt you?"
Said the faceless man.
"Can you move all of your fingers?
Can you try your best to stand?"

Over and over
Scene by scene
Like a recurring nightmare haunting my dreams.

Life was so simple then
We were so innocent.
It will stay with us forever
A nightmare to remember


Eyes Without a Face, Billy Idol

I spend so much time
Believing all the lies

Now it makes me sad,
It makes me mad at truth

Now I close my eyes,
And I wonder why
I don't despise.

Eyes without a face.
Got no human grace
Your eyes without a face.



You know how that rabbit feels
Going under your speeding wheels
Bright images flashing by
Like windshields towards a fly

Conclusion

Dogs, Pink Floyd

Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye, and an easy smile

“No, no, no! No more handshakes,” barked the dog behind the bullet-proof glass and bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment