Monday, January 11, 2016

David Bowie…



…died yesterday.

I wasn’t the biggest fan, and certainly not over a long period of time.  I never saw him in concert.

Just a couple of comments…

His song “Heroes” is one of the most moving pieces of popular music I have ever heard. 

On his album “Let’s Dance,” he had the creative vision to have Stevie Ray Vaughan perform as lead guitarist; before Vaughan was known to anybody, he was known to Bowie – having seen him play at Montreux.  Vaughan – one of the best blues guitarists of all time – was selected to play lead guitar on what could be called a dance album by Bowie – one of the most progressive rock musicians ever.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that Vaughan played with Bowie. That´s nice to know. I admired the work of both but never saw either in concert. ¨Heroes¨ holds a special place in me as it is deeply associated with my late teenage years.
    ....the sands of time.
    freihals
    https://freihals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete